Public Relation(PR) helps individuals or businesses to build a positive reputation in the online or offline market, it can be paid or unpaid depending on the PR campaign. They commonly use social media, traditional media, and other channels for building client’s credibility. I have collected powerful public relation quotes that will guide you throughout your PR journey.
In contrast, public relations can be awful for your brand if not implemented in the right way. Sometimes brands build some strategies to form a positive image in people’s mind but they end up in negation.
As you know, in 2021 Elon Musk invested huge money on PR to drastically change the market and to become the strongest brand in the world.
One of the famous and profound PR Quotes From Bill Gates
Bill said if he had last one dollar in his pocket then he would spend it on PR. You can understand the power of PR.
What are the benefits of Public Relations(PR)?
- It generates brand awareness
- Builds positive brand image in the industry
- It enhance customer and business relationship
- Builds brand credibility
I have compiled this comprehensive list of Public Relation(PR) Quotes which will inspire you to make great strategies and campaigns.
Best Public Relations Quote in 2021
- Publicity is absolutely critical. A good PR story is infinitely more effective than a front-page ad.” – Richard Branson
- “Public relations are a key component of any operation in this day of instant communications and rightly inquisitive citizens.” – Alvin Adams
- “Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “If I was down to my last dollar, I would spend it on PR.” – Bill Gates
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffet
- “PR is about creating content and managing communications – in whatever format it is” – Lord Chadlington
- “The public is the only critic whose opinion is worth anything at all.” – Mark Twain
- “Advertising is saying you’re good. PR is getting someone else to say you’re good.” – Jean-Louis Gassée
- “PR is extremely important, and being able to use it in the right way means everything. You have to market your success.” – Lee Haney
- “Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations officers.” – Daniel J. Boorstin
- “What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Frankly, I consider ‘PR quality’ an oxymoron.” – Christa Degnan
- “The history of PR is… a history of a battle for what is reality and how people will see and understand reality.” – Stuart Ewen
- “Doctors lose their licenses. Drunk drivers get cited in the local papers. Speeders get tickets. Wild pitchers get pulled from the baseball game. Pedophiles must post signs warning the public of their past crimes. Why shouldn’t grossly careless or incompetent PR people be lined up, exposed, and punished, too?” – Brenda Clevenger
- “PR writing is so horribly consistent — or consistently horrible — that agencies even have a template for it.” – Mark Ragan
- “PR is performance recognition” – Douglas Smith
- “It’s PR that needs to be creative. It’s PR that needs to be new and different. It’s PR that needs to be original. The best way to establish a brand is to create a new category, and creating a new category requires creative thinking of the highest order.” – Al & Laura Ries
- “The counsel on public relations is not an advertising man but he advocates for advertising where that is indicated. Very often he is called in by an advertising agency to supplement its work on behalf of a client. His work and that of the advertising agency do not conflict with or duplicate each other.” – Edward Bernays
- “Public-relations specialists make flower arrangements of the facts, placing them so the wilted and less attractive petals are hidden by sturdy blooms.” – Alan Harrington
- “If a young man tells his date how handsome, smart and successful he is – that’s advertising. If the young man tells his date she’s intelligent, looks lovely, and is a great conversationalist, he’s saying the right things to the right person and that’s marketing. If someone else tells the young woman how handsome, smart and successful her date is – that’s PR.” – S. H. Simmons
- “PR is a mix of journalism, psychology, and lawyering – it’s an ever-changing and always interesting landscape.” – Ronn Torossian
- “PR means telling the truth and working ethically – even when all the media want is headlines and all the public wants is scapegoats. Public relations fails when there is no integrity.” – Viv Segal
- “The art of publicity is a black art; but it has come to stay, and every year adds to its potency.” – Thomas Paine
- “Spin doctors are: “professional political strategists, able on behalf of their clients to manipulate the media – planting a story here, a rumour there, a tip-off somewhere else – so that any piece of news is tailored to show them in the best possible light.” – Michael Shea
- “We believe PR should be practiced to serve the public interest, to develop mutual understanding between organizations and their publics.” – James E. Grunig
- “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
- “Publicity is the very soul of justice. It is the keenest spur to exertion, and the surest of all guards against improbity.” – Jeremy Bentham
- “Advertising ministers to the spiritual side of trade. It is great power that has been entrusted to your keeping which charges you with the high responsibility of inspiring and ennobling the commercial world. It is all part of the greater work of the regeneration and redemption of mankind.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Publicity is a great purifier because it sets in action the forces of public opinion, and in this country public opinion controls the courses of the nation.” – Charles Evans Hughes
- “Without publicity there can be no public support, and without public support every nation must decay.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “It is generally much more shameful to lose a good reputation than never to have acquired it.” – Pliny the Elder
- “Reputation matters because your behind is always behind you.” – Happy Masina
- “Publicity is the life of this culture – in so far as without publicity capitalism could not survive – and at the same time publicity is its dream.” – John Berger
- “I suspect in most companies, the public relations person is down at No. 20 in the pecking order. But here, he is fighting incredibly important battles. If a negative story starts running away with itself in the press and is not dealt with fast, it can badly damage the brand, and so we put enormous weight on our PR people.” – Richard Branson
- “Without publicity there is no prosperity.” – Yakov Zel’dovich
- “Nobody counts the number of ads you run; they just remember the impression you make.” – Bill Bernbach
- “Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power.” – Malcolm X
- “Today, journalism is such a persuasive factor in opinion building that no person, group or business can claim immunity or afford to under-estimate the ability of the fourth estate to affect their fortunes – either for better or for worse.” – Gigi van der Rie
I know you have enjoyed these powerful public relations(PR) quotes which help you to create next PR campaign for the businesses or individuals.